Open Graph Type tags are useful to indicate what type of content you are sharing. Social networks may display content differently based on the type of media. Additionally, each type of content may have additional fields that are available to use to describe your content.
Open Graph Type
- Social Networks Supported:
- Importance: Useful, but not required
- Can use multiple times on same page: No
- Tag Placement: Head section
- Example: <meta property="og:type" content="website" />
Here are some different commonly supported types:
User-defined custom types are also supported via Open Graph. These consist of a namespace and a property.
<meta property="app_namespace:property_name" content="Value of property"/>