Twitter Card tags are one of the most important tags to use on your site for Twitter social sharing. The card tag tells twitter what type of card is being defined for your page.
- Social Networks Supported:
- Importance: Required
- Can use multiple times on same page: No
- Tag Placement: Head section
- Example: <meta name="twitter:card" content="summary" />
Twitter supports the following types of cards:
- Summary Card: Default card, including a title, description, thumbnail, and Twitter account attribution.
- Summary Card with Large Image: Similar to Summary Card, but offers the ability to prominently feature an image.
- Photo Card: A Tweet sized photo Card.
- Gallery Card: A Tweet Card geared toward highlighting a collection of photos
- App Card: A Tweet Card for providing a profile of an application.
- Player Card: A Tweet sized video/audio/media player Card.
- Product Card: A Tweet Card to better represent product content.