Twitter Site tags indicate the Twitter account for the website or platform for which the content was published. The site tag helps users follow and view the profile for your website.
- Social Networks Supported:
- Importance: Useful, but not required
- Can use multiple times on same page: No
- Tag Placement: Head section
- Example: <meta name="twitter:site" content="@sourcecoast" />
Here are some guidelines for setting the Twitter Site tag for your website:
- The Twitter Site tag is the "@username" for the website that will be used in the Twitter card footer.
- Some services or companies may have multiple Twitter accounts for different sections of their website. Choose the most appropriate account for the best context to the user.