Twitter Title tags are one of the 3 most important tags to use on your site for Twitter social sharing. The title tag is what determines the title for any social posts made for the URL.
- Social Networks Supported:
- Importance: Required
- Can use multiple times on same page: No
- Tag Placement: Head section
- Example: <meta name="twitter:title" content="Title for This Article" />
While you can use the standard HTML title for your page, here are some better guidelines for setting the Twitter title for your page for a few reasons:
- Your meta title may be more targeted for search engine results and the tab name in a browser. The Twitter title is always targeted toward social networks and shared views, so you should customize this for your audience.
- A browser tab and search engine generally only use smaller portions of the title. With a Twitter title, you can customize a title of up to 70 characters, which gives you more to work with.