Open Graph Title tags are one of the 3 most important tags to use on your site for Facebook, Google+ and LinkedIn social sharing. The title tag is what determines the title for any social posts made for the URL.
Open Graph Title
- Social Networks Supported:
- Importance: Required
- Can use multiple times on same page: No
- Tag Placement: Head section
- Example: <meta property="og:title" content="Title for This Article" />
While most social networks will fall back to using the standard HTML title for your page, it's always best to set the Open Graph title for your for a few reasons:
- Your meta title may be more targeted for search engine results and the tab name in a browser. The Open Graph title is always targeted toward social networks and shared views, so you should customize this for your audience.
- A browser tab and search engine generally only use smaller portions of the title. With an Open Graph title, you can customize a title of up to about 100 characters, which gives you more to work with.